Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Last Words

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the emails. I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for the emails, but this is the slowing that I have ever seen the internet move. I have yet to get on to the web, but for right now, all I can do is E-mail and that takes a while. Things are pretty hot and sandy here. We've all been living in pretty Spartan conditions for the last month or more (i.e. sleeping under the stars with the camel spiders and scorpions). The one plus about this place is that it's like Iraq only with mountains. I'm most definitely looking forward to getting back to the Good-ole-US-of-A!

Summer and Oliver, thanks for the letters. I don't know if you got it, but I sent out a couple of post cards. Glad to hear that the little Shaver is walking about now. Can't wait to see her.

Aunt Dotti, I just got the package yesterday with the Shoe-Goo, Monkey Butt, Granola Bars, and Apple Cake. You most definitely read my mind on the Shoe-Goo! I've had a lot of repairs to make since we've pushed out. I haven't tried the Apple Cake yet though.

Doc, tell those 2 kids wanting to join "The Gun Club" that it's the perfect place for them if they want to live in the most harsh conditions and do everything in the most ridiculously ludicrous, backwards way possible that defy all reason, for the only sake of, "We do it because we're the Marines" and that's the best answer they can give of why. Please tell them to at least look at the other services first. I'm sorry to say that it just ain't the Corps that Papa joined, Dad joined, and I joined any more. I have no regrets about joining it, but my insanity meter is just about pegged out and it's only getting worse. Other than that, I'm just peachy!

"D", glad to hear that you got to spend some time with Papa fishing. I'm most definitely envious. The fishing out here isn't all that great in Trashghanistan and so far, unfortunately, the hunting has been either. Too many rules and restrictions!

Kendall and Ricky, glad to hear the youngsters are doing well and hope to see them when I get back. Jax has got to be huge by now! I just hope he remembers me and I can't wait to meet the new addition!

Boo, you've most definitely become the world traveler. I think you're going to pass me up on places visited in the world before long. Just take my word for it, you don't need to see Iraq or Afghanistan. You're not missing much here. Just keep going to places like Greece, Norway, etc.....

Well guys, it was great hearing from you all. Hope all is well and I'm sorry that I'm going to be missing the July 4th "Shin-dig." Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll make it next year, but it seems that I'm saying that every year. Anyway, give everyone my best, miss you guys loads, and can't wait to see you when I get back. Take care.

Love,

Capt Eric "D-Ring" Terhune

No comments: