Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We Remember You

This blog comes in handy. On 9/11 and on Veterans Day, I use a PPT projector to display photos of Eric for my students at the private school where I currently teach World History. I show them pictures of my brave cousin and tell them about our life together, the last email we received, and the honorable sacrifice he made for our freedom. I remind them that there are people still fighting so that we can sit in a classroom and teach freely, and learn freely.

My students are never so silent. The room fills with reverence as the impact of Eric's life takes shape. And then we break the silence by singing the Marine's Hymn. Small ways to remember a great man.

As long as I live and breathe, I will tell people about you, Eric. I want them to know who you are and what you gave. I want your story to remain until the day we can retell it together.

1 comment:

SherriMartin said...

Great men are never forgotten. God remembers their names, too.

Love, Miss Sherri