Friday, July 11, 2008

Band of Brothers

Jason,

If able, please pass on to the family that I just returned from Bala Beluk where we held a really nice and fitting Memorial Service out in the FOB. Marines got to speak from their heart about Capt Terhune and LCpl Whitacre, very moving. Additionally, got to speak with one of my Dyncorps reps out there who described the actions of D-ring the night of the firefight in great detail as he was right there; had a lot of great things to say about his actions and the actions of all the Marines in that fight--in the eyes of all the Marines, Eric's father and grandparents have a lot to be proud of. It is also my intent to call the family in the very near future; I just don't feel that a condolence letter says enough; in fact, I'm a bit hesitant to call because even spoken words cannot say enough. Again, I want to thank you for all your kind assistance to the Terhune family, and to us in honor of our brother.

respectfully,
LtCol Rick Hall

1 comment:

SherriMartin said...

In all these wonderful posts....Eric is not forgotten.

And we are left to love on all the Terhunes,
Miss Sherri