Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Octoberfest" A Memory from David Terhune, Jr.

Eric came up for a visit one weekend when I was in school. We would get up for an early morning hunt, come in for a nap, then head back out to the woods for the afternoon. After dark we'd head into Rockford and get a steak dinner at the Longhorn steakhouse. We stayed up half the night shooting our bows out the back of Grandpa's garage at some targets lit up by flood lights. This was a pattern we repeated for three days. I didn't get much studying done during that long weekend and for that I am grateful. Nothing can replace the memories made that weekend in October. It was one of the best times I ever had with my brother. You are missed my brother.





2 comments:

SherriMartin said...

David,
Eric had a special place for you in his heart. No doubt, your times together made his life rich. I am happy you have such a huge treasure of memories.

Love, Miss Sherri
ps look for someone to bless like Eric blessed you.....

Summer said...

Great shots--you guys had so much fun!!