Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Eric's Landing

It was exactly 4 weeks ago today that we gathered in Kentucky to watch the Marines bring Eric's body home. It was the first time I had been to an airport for "cargo" instead of an "arrival". I hope it was my last. But it made me think, isn't that what we all are? Aren't our bodies simply vessels which house our spirits? On earth, we are cargo for our souls. Eric's body, his empty shell, is simply that....just cargo. He is home.




music is not working.

1 comment:

SherriMartin said...

My heart skipped a beat. The pictures are so moving.

O beautiful for heroes prov'd
In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life.

America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev'ry gain divine.

Eric made the torch of liberty proud.

Love, Miss Sherri